Any holiday is a good holiday but a trip with your besties is the ultimate need right now. To help you plan the ultimate girl’s weekend getaway we’ve chosen our favourite activities Dublin has to offer. So, pack your bags, round up your girlfriends and enjoy some all-important bonding time.
No boys allowed, obviously.
We have the Luas right outside –
1. Jump off at Jervis street and experience the holy grail of sight’s HENRY STREET – Arnott’s, Penny’s, New Look, Dunnes, Next (you get the picture you’ll need a few hours 😊)
2. For our girls with a sweet tooth, ensure you head to Queen of tarts. They are located on Dame Street and Cows Lane. Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee with some of the most delicious cakes and pastries Dublin has to offer.
3. Perfect for a picnic lunch unless it’s pouring, of course…. is Stephen’s green. This serene, beautiful public park dates back to Victorian times. It has tons of walking paths, a duck pond, lots of statues…spend a half hour meandering through the paths and stepping away from the city’s bustle.
4. Grafton Street, it has been known to bring out the busker in everyone, including people like Bono, Hozier, The Script, Damien Rice and Glen Hansard to name a few and also home to some of the most beautiful shops in Dublin (Brown Thomas, Avoca Handweavers, Weir & Son’s, Appleby, Powerscourt Town house & George’s street Arcade)
5. For the ultimate treat why not get your nails done at Saoirse Ronan’s favourite spot, Tropical Popical, make sure you book ahead, they’re always busy.
6. Spend some time in Trinity College, on a nice day it’s one of the nicest places in Dublin – simply BEAUTIFUL! Founded in 1592, the college is home to the Book of Kells as well as a stunning library (think Harry Potter!!!)
7. Relax and enjoy Dublin from the water with Dublin bay cruises – Sail from Dublin city to Howth (traditional fishing village – fantastic walks and restaurant’s) via Dun Laoghaire. You’ll see fantastic sights along the way ( Poolbeg lighthouse, Dalkey Island, Clontarf and Howth Head).
8. For a distillery activity this is a treat, Jameson are running cocktail making masterclasses, the ultimate prinks 😊 you’re not allowed to do the tour afterwards as you might be a little tiippsssyy ( sounds interesting 😊) or Cocktails at the Vintage Cocktail Club, the lounge is accessed by ringing a doorbell, tucked away in Crown alley in temple bar. It is an intentionally word of mouth establishment.
9. Dinner in style, have dinner at the local hotspot, The Ivy. Make sure you check out the bathrooms, the décor in the place is stunning! or Fade Street Social run by Dylan McGrath (Irish Celebrity chef) is 3 restaurants in one including a New York style cocktail bar & rooftop winter garden, suitable for all budgets.
10. For the big night out there is nothing better than KARAOKE, sing your hearts out at Karaoke Ukiyo. Each room has space for groups of 20. Ukiyo also serves Asian cuisine and to book a karaoke spot at weekends you will need to order food as well. or nestled on Dawson street, Café en Seine (Café insane to us Dubliner’s) is the ultimate go to destination, it has a host of bars and a stunning indoor Parisian street garden.