Carrot and Kidney Bean Burger with Sesame Bun and Chilli Tomato Chutney
If you’re vegetarian, vegan or simply looking to cut down on your meat try this highly tasty burger for your next summer BBQ.
You need just a handful of ingredients – most of which you probably already have to hand. So dust off that apron and fire up the grill.
1 large carrot
1 onion, finely chopped
1 handful of coriander, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin powder
400g of tinned red kidney beans
2 tbsp of oil
2 tbsp of tapioca/gluten free flour
Salt & cracked black pepper
Optional: Black sesame bun, baby gem lettuce, beef tomatoes & chilli tomato chutney
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans in cold water. Put in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for ten minutes to soften.
- In a separate pan, add onion, grated carrot, cumin. Drizzle a little oil over and cook gently on a low heat till soft but not brown.
- When the kidney beans are hot drain and add to the carrots, onions and chopped coriander.
- Mash together with a fork until you have a chunky purée.
- Stir in a tapioca flour, season with some salt and pepper and mix it well.
- With oiled hands, shape some of the mixture into a ball, about the size of a golf ball. Flatten each patty gently to make the burger shape.
- Cook the burger on the hot grill for a few minutes on one side, before turning over gently.
- When cooked on both sides and hot, warm up the bun and serve with some chilli chutney, slice of beef tomato & a few crispy baby gem leaves.
And there you have it, a new recipe to impress everyone at your next Barbecue.
Tag us on instagram when you’ve tried it yourself!
If a BBQ is now on your mind then it’s worth thinking about a legendary gibson BBQ party. Large numbers catered for, see more here