Black fig and apple salad with honey orange dressing
We love a tasty vegan recipe at the gibson! This black fig and apple salad is the perfect light dish for summer that’s healthy, sustainable and best of all delicious 🙂 Give this simple recipe a try and enjoy a light snack within minutes.
Recipe serves 4 people.
8 black figs
2 granny smith apples
1 cantaloupe melon
1 punnet of physalis
500g fresh rocket leaves
2 tablespoons of mixed seeds
4 fresh oranges
1 tablespoon of good quality honey
2 tablespoons of pomace olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1. To begin, wash the rocket under a cold tap, drain well and set aside. Trim and cut black figs into wedges.
2. Wash apples then slice them into matchstick size pieces.
3. Cut the cantaloupe melon into two halves and using a melon baller, scoop out roughly twenty balls.
4. Peel physalis and cut each berry in half.
5. Prepare orange segments. Cut away all the skin and pith, ensuring not to remove any flesh. Use a small knife to gently slice between one of the segments and the connective membrane.
6. Cut until you reach the middle of the fruit, ensuring you do not pierce the membranes. Repeat to remove all the segments, squeezing the excess juice out.
7. To do the dressing squeeze the juice out of 2 oranges and 1 lemon. Mix fruit juices with honey and olive oil, season a bit with salt and pepper.
In the large bowl mix the rocket, physalis, melon balls, apple and oranges. Pour over the honey dressing, carefully toss it all together and scatter over with the mixed seeds. Serve immediately