Ever wondered how to make your own honeycomb? It’s super easy and the perfect treat! You might even say it’s the bees knees 🙂
Try this simple recipe by our chef Igor and see how you get on.
200g of caster sugar
100g of golden syrup
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Line a deep baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Put the caster sugar and golden syrup into a large saucepan.
3. Place over a medium heat and heat gently to a golden-brown caramel.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, sieve over the bicarbonate of soda and whisk in – the mixture will froth up a lot.
5. Take care whilst whisking as the caramel will be very hot.
6. Pour the liquid honeycomb into the lined baking tray and leave to cool until it is set firm.
7. Once set hard, break into pieces.
Honeycomb will last for up to 1 month when stored in an airtight container.
The less you stir the honeycomb once the bicarbonate of soda has been added, the bigger the bubbles will be.